MASSACHUSETTS, US, 23rd June 2023 – A team of careers experts have launched a new offering to help prepare college graduates for the working world.
Interview IQ has been set up by coaching and careers specialists to ease students from the comfort of their college campuses into the unknown and challenging territory of the working world. Now graduates can get personalized support in honing their interview skills.
Eric Cole, Interview IQ founder, said: “Let’s face it. Finding a job today can be confusing and overwhelming! Nearly 50% of college graduates say they don’t even know where to begin their search.
“What we’ve learned is simple. First impressions are key. Most recruiters say they only need 90 seconds to make a hiring decision and since most candidates go through multiple interviews before receiving an offer, strong interview skills are a necessity!
“That is why we started Interview IQ, to offer a unique blend of career search and interview skills coaching. Our belief is that interviewing is a skill that can be learned, but it must be practiced. We’ll teach you how to tell “your story” in a confident and compelling way. We use mock interviews to enhance soft skills, improve behavior-based answers, and reduce anxiety. Practice improves all of these,” he added.
Interview IQ helps also helps young graduates to understand the importance of a good resume and cover letter, and a presence on LinkedIn, to help them stand out from the crowd.
The inspiration for Interview IQ came from Eric’s 30 years as a hiring manager and coach. Eric and his team have interviewed and hired more than 1,000 candidates and know what it takes to find the right job and have a successful interview.
Interview IQ’s coaches have created a checklist of what they can expect from the team:
- Self-Assessment – Interview IQ’s self-assessment services include the review and analysis by Interview IQ career coaches and follow-up sessions to discuss an action plan.
- Career Assessment – help finding the job that is the right one
- Develop a personal brand – Review and refine the resume, LinkedIn profile, social media and networking skills
- Interview Prep – Learn to tell “Your Story”
- Interviewing Practice – Refine and practice interview skills through mock interviews and feedback from Interview IQ coaches.