PR Fire Editorial Guidelines
Each individual press release is moderated by our editorial team before inclusion on the PR Fire website and distribution via third parties. This helps authenticate and ensure content is newsworthy, acceptable, accurate and is correctly formatted.
- All press releases must be newsworthy. PR Fire is not an article directory or a content hub. We only accept genuine quality content, which is newsworthy such as a company event, expansion, company news, organisational milestone, annual profits, competitions etc.
- All press releases must have a minimum word length of 400 words and maximum word length of 1500.
- Remember, a newsworthy press release informs the media and the general public about an interesting topic. If your press release reads like an advertisement, it will be rejected until it is appropriately modified. You can opt for PR Fire’s Editorial Team to edit your press release for a standard fee of £55 (+VAT) to ensure it complies with the Editorial Guidelines and that it is the most compelling version of the story possible.
- All press releases must be accurate and not contain any aggressive language, slanderous comments or references to current legal cases or aimed to harm any other persons, individuals or groups.
- All press releases must contain valid media contact information.
- All press releases must be free of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. It is not the responsibility of the editorial team to proof read and edit your content. Submissions will be rejected if grammatical errors are present.
- Press releases cannot contain (X)HTML formatting. The only formatting allowed are back links, bold text and clickable email addresses. These are added using custom tags.
- Company logos may not be used as featured, main or cover images for any press release.
- We do not accept duplicate press releases, which have already been submitted to other websites. This is strictly enforced and at the discretion of the editorial team.
- The PR Fire distribution system allows the following image file types: jpg, png. We require one main image, and provide the option to submit any additional images. There is no guarantee that all additional images will be used in your distribution and/or addons. Some of our addons only accept 1 image.
- All press releases must be written in third person. Any references to “I,” “we,” “us,” “you,” “your,” etc should only be contained in quotes.
- The article must have a logical and professional press release structure e.g. summary, main content, closing comment and editor comment.
- All hyperlinks within press releases must be relevant to the content and not for promotional purposes. Hyperlinks must be used to direct media contacts from your press release to further helpful information such as linking graphics, documents, social media accounts, videos, audio files etc.
- PR Fire reserves the right to reject, modify and delete any content that it deems to be offensive, slanderous, racist, inflammatory, sexually explicit or that promotes violence/ terrorism