Personal Accident Insurance Specialist Novastris Warns Workers Of The Dangers At Christmas
New insurance provider Novastris is advising self-employed and high-risk workers of the pitfalls of being without personal accident insurance this Christmas. More than 80,000 people a year need hospital treatment for injuries such as falls, cuts and burns during the festive period according to new research by the NHS*.
Such accidents and injuries suffered during the Christmas break could leave workers unable to work in the New Year which could cause serious financial implications, especially if long term.
Novastris Director Steve Nickerson said: “Accidents can and do happen, including at Christmas. But with many families already facing stretched finances, as well as the added expense of Christmas entertainment and presents, it really would be a worst case scenario if injury prevented them being able to work with the consequent impact on their income.
“Novastris cover addresses this by giving workers access to a personal accident insurance policy that they can buy online and which automatically includes many higher risk trades and professions. That means they have financial protection should they be unable to work for a period of time, plus it provides a monetary benefit for their family should the worst happen.”
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) reports around 1,000 people are injured by their Christmas tree each year and another 350 are hurt by fairy lights.
Nickerson said: “Many of our best loved Christmas activities can involve potential hazards. Being under pressure to cook the largest meal of the year can create a minefield in a family kitchen. Toys and gifts can become trip hazards! And even the Christmas tree is guilty of claiming victims.
“With the Novastris personal accident insurance policy, workers can be reassured that their financial security will be protected even if they do come a cropper during the Christmas celebrations. And it only need cost as little as seven pence per day.**”
The Novastris personal accident insurance policy, which includes builders and tradesman insurance, freelancers insurance and hair and beauty insurance, provides:
• accidental death insurance and temporary total disablement cover as standard
• Optional permanent total disablement and extended disablement cover
• Extra optional benefits, including cover for home alterations to increase accessibility and funeral expenses
• Optional package to provide cover for dependents in the event of the insured’s injury or death
• Optional bereavement package to support immediate family members by covering the cost of counseling sessions
• Cover appropriate to the needs and choices of the insured to ensure they get the best from their monthly premiums
• Ideal, tailored cover for the specific risks posed on a day to day basis by a wide range of occupations
• New and innovative insurance cover which answers real customer needs
* http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Healthychristmas/Pages/Christmasinjuries.aspx ** Premium example based on 28-year-old self-employed Beautician or IT Consultant, selecting Option 1 policy with a maximum benefit of £20,000 for accidental death ABOUT NOVASTRIS
Novastris Insurance Services Limited is a team of experienced insurance specialists providing tailored insurance solutions to the Financial Services and Affinity Group sectors. Novastris Insurance Services is part of the Novastris Insurance Group providing insurance solutions directly to personal clients through Novastris Insurance Services Limited and to the wider insurance market through Novastris Underwriting Limited.
Novastris’s personal mission is to differentiate themselves by constantly innovating in the field of product development, competitive pricing and quality of service delivery and to treat each client relationship as a long term, mutually beneficial working relationship. Novastris Insurance Services Limited, Thorncroft Manor, Thorncroft Drive, Dorking Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 8JB.
For further information contact Wendy Harrison/Jenny Thorneywork at the Novastris Press Office at HSL on 020 8977 9132 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com