The Hertfordshire Business Club Launch
Since it began in 2008, the original Business Club built up a vibrant business community, meeting monthly at the Harpenden House Hotel and the Ramada Jarvis in Watford. In 2013, the club founders, Karen Birch and Katrina Sargent have excitedly teamed up with Simon George, publisher of The Hertfordshire Business Independent, to rebrand and relaunch it as The Hertfordshire Business CLUB. Katrina says: “Karen and I have been working with Simon for three years on the Hertfordshire Business EXPO and Business BUZZ – a series of informal, drop-in networking events that run across the county. Since The Business Club became independent in August, it was a natural move for us to build on this business alliance to give much stronger value to our members.”
On 24th January 2013, Beales Hotel will play host to The Hertfordshire Business CLUB launch event, which will give current and new members a flavour of what the new club is all about. Its new format aims to make the richest and most impactful business connections in the county as well as offering business and personal development with influential guest speakers.
William Buist, Managing Director of Abelard. Based in Chepstow, South Wales, takes the role of guest speaker for the launch event. William believes there are three main blocks to entrepreneurial success: lack of clarity, poor strategy and planning, and incomplete or poor implementation. William’s talk will address aspects of each of these and provide guests with useful guidance to consider. William also understands the digital revolution from a practical, business point of view, and is an authority in the use of social tools for collaborative business marketing and referrals, which he shall provide insights on.
The collaboration with The Hertfordshire Business Independent and the Hertfordshire Business EXPO means that members to The CLUB can enjoy dramatically enhanced benefits, including:
• A premium listing in The Hertfordshire Business Directory (includes company logos, image / product gallery, and video)
• A free subscription to the Hertfordshire Business Independent magazine (and a 25% discount on advertising)
• Monthly events especially for The CLUB members – and a 40% discount on all events • CLUBspace hot-desk card that gives you access to office and meeting space throughout the UK • Discount on an exhibition stand for the team’s well established exhibition, The Hertfordshire Business EXPO
• Members’ CLUBcard, which will entitle members to a range of other benefits, exclusive discounts and special offers. • Free monthly business e-book.
Beales Hotel will become The CLUB’s new residence every month, starting from Tuesday 5th February. Simon George says: “Partnering with Karen and Katrina to launch The Hertfordshire Business Club completes a part of the puzzle for me. It allows us to connect current and new members with The Hertfordshire Business Independent magazine, which has a readership of 35,000; and The Hertfordshire Business Directory, which is growing by the day. We’re confident this offering will give members tangible benefits that will help their businesses become more profitable in 2013 and beyond.”
The Hertfordshire Business CLUB launch event will cost £15, which includes tea and coffee and a hot and cold buffet. Guests must book by 23rd January to secure their place. The event will run from 6pm – 9pm, after which guests are welcome to stay and network in the bar. Membership to the Hertfordshire Business CLUB will cost £30 per month, from February 2013 onwards.
- ENDS -
NOTES TO EDITORS
• For more information, visit: www.hertsbusinessCLUB.co.uk
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheHBI
• For more information or to speak to Simon George or Katrina Sargent, please contact: Shelley Doyle at Present PR on 01727 894975 / 07764 497362 or by email: email@example.com
• The Hertfordshire Business CLUB events will be held every month at Beales Hotel, Hatfield