What Everybody Ought to Know About Oxygen Saturation Monitor
A pulse oximeter is one of the most commonly used medical devices. As it’s a handy device so people easily use it to measure their pulse rate and SpO2 level. Here we discuss some important points that you must know about Oxygen Saturation Monitor.
Santamedical pulse oximeter is a useful tool to keep a watch on blood oxygen saturation level and pulse rate. It is a small device that helps the people, who are suffering from chronic respiratory diseases, to manage their health conditions in a better way. By using this device they can get an accurate reading of oxygen flow rate, which will help their doctor to evaluate the exact condition of the patient.
What is the oxygen saturation level of a normal person?
Oxygen saturation level is influenced with several factors such as your activity level, breathing rate and other heath conditions. Normally it should be ranges in 95 to 100. If your readings are less than 90% then it will be considered as low level.
Factor that affect your SpO2 level readings
Most of the oximeters provide you exact SpO2 level reading with +-2 variation. But there are many factors that influence the measurement and provide less precise results. These factors are:
• If you have wear any artificial nails or thick nail polish.
• If you are a smoker
• If your hand are too cold
• If your blood circulation is very poor
• If your hands are shivering
If any of the above situation applies to you while measuring then your readings may be fluctuate. Now you might be thinking how to overcome these factors? So here are the solutions to get more accurate readings.
Tips to get precise SpO2 readings
• Remove the artificial nails and your nail polish before measurement.
• Don’t smoke while measurement
• If you are not getting a proper reading or your reading are continuously fluctuating then try another finger of opposite hand.
• Ensure that the device is properly attached to your finger
• Warm your hands in warm water or warm towel before the measurement.