Two-fifths of British holiday-makers waste money on all-inclusive breaks
Leading online independent travel agent www.sunshine.co.uk carried out a study of 1,154 British people who went on an all inclusive holiday abroad during 2009 and has revealed that just under two fifths felt they didn’t make the most of the services and facilities that were offered to them in the price.
All of the respondents that took part in the study went on an all inclusive vacation in 2009, meaning most meals and drinks were included in the price of their holiday. However, only 43% ate breakfast, lunch and dinner in their hotel every day, whilst the remaining 57% ventured outside of their accommodation at least once to get food elsewhere and a change of scenery.
24% claimed to make use of hotel facilities such as gyms and spas as part of their all inclusive package, but 49% thought it was only food and drink they could get for free during their stay and the remaining 27% didn’t want to ask a member of staff what the cost of their holiday included.
68% of those who took part in the study said they felt more comfortable booking an all inclusive holiday just in case they ran out of spending money during their stay and, despite a significant number claiming they didn’t get the most out of their deal, 83% would book all inclusive for their next trip, as a safety net if they overspent.
Chris Brown, co-founder of sunshine.co.uk, had the following to say;
"All inclusive holidays can save people money, provided they are willing to use the hotel meals, drinks and facilities to their full advantage. All inclusive breaks are also a brilliant way to ensure you have what you need even if you run out of cash.
Holidaymakers should research what will be available to them at their accommodation for an all inclusive cost before they arrive, to fully benefit from the luxuries on offer and ensure theyre not wasting their money on perks they wont enjoy.
"The idea of eating in the same hotel every day isn’t for everyone, in which case people should look into the other options available such as half board or even self catering. That way, the consumer gets exactly what they pay for and the holiday is more suited to their expectations, rather than effectively gifting the hotel money for nothing. We encourage all of our customers to look into all their options to get the best deal for them.
10 YETIS JOURNALIST TRIVIA QUIZ:
For a chance to win a prize, be the first to respond with the correct answer to the following question:
Q: What does a ‘half board’ holiday usually include?
For more information or to set up interviews with Chris Brown please contact Shannon Haigh of 10 Yetis Public Relation Agency, on 01452 348211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunshine.co.uk is the UKs leading online independent travel agent and was founded by Chris Brown and Chris Clarkson, the same people behind Holiday Watchdog which was bought by TripAdvisor in February 2008 for an undisclosed amount of money. Sunshine.co.uk offers low cost holidays and budget flights to destinations all over the world as well as great deals and discounted hotels.