With counterfeit clothing in the news on a regular basis, as a consumer what can you do to ensure that the item youre looking to purchase is the genuine article. Below are ten top tips on how to easily identify the counterfeit item.
1) One of the most common issues regarding counterfeit clothing is when a label is spelt incorrectly, this allied with a poor logo should ring instant alarm bells.
2) You get what you pay for, is a comment made frequently and it holds true for counterfeit clothing. If it is unbelievably cheap, then stay away. Compared to the genuine article, counterfeit clothing is inferior in every way and this is usually reflected in the price. One of the best ways to see if a price is reasonable is to peruse a few websites, such as www.stylesukdesignerclothing.co.uk to ascertain whether the price is far too cheap. Remember if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.
3) As with all counterfeit goods, the quality of manufacture and materials used are inferior in many ways. Genuine Stone Island, Armani and all genuine designer clothes are manufactured to exacting standards with high quality materials utilized.
4) Many counterfeit goods are manufactured in countries such as China, Thailand and other Asia continent based countries. These countries tend to exploit the workforce to produce shoddy, cheap mass produced items. Most of the genuine products will be manufactured in either the US or European countries. Typically when buying online, ensure that the garment is purchased from a US or EU based website and company.
5) With reference to the quality of manufacture, another simple means to identify a fake garment is to look at the stitching. Inherently, poor quality manufacture shows up in the stitching of the labels and the seams, as well as around pockets. Products such as jeans, coats, jackets and trousers can be reviewed simply as many facets of the garment are stitched, check the other side of the stitching, if you can see it clearly without having to look very hard, its almost guaranteed to be counterfeit.
6) Unusual comments such as 100% genuine should raise alarm bells. Genuine products as well as counterfeit items can make the same boast, so it should be taken with a pinch of salt.
7) If at all possible, before purchasing the item, familiarize yourself with the genuine article, that way you will be able to identify, inferior counterfeit items that may have thinner or thicker material of simply don look genuine.
8) Counterfeiters are becoming more adept at copying many facets of a genuine garment, this includes tags. Simply because it has the correct tags doesnt mean it is genuine. As a means of trying to out thwart the counterfeiters, some designer labels have introduced certificates of authenticity. Brands such as Armani, Dolce and Gabbana also include a hologram on the inside of the washing label whilst Stone Island provides a serial number on the neck label, as a means to identify each individual item as well as its point of origin.
9) When it comes to counterfeit goods, the more well known the brand, the more likely it is to be copied. Well respected brands with credibility are more likely to sell than less known brands therefore are more like to be a target for counterfeiters.
10) If looking to purchase online, ensure the website provides genuine contact details, including a contact number and address. Those that do not provide such details should be kept away from. It is a sad fact that auctions sites are one of the most likely sources to find counterfeit goods. When utilizing an auction site, check the sellers feedback, if its all in order, as further protection, make payment either through PayPal or a credit card, both of which provides buyer protection in several forms.
It should also be noted in addition to the aforementioned top 10 tips, ultimately, as a consumer it pays to know your rights. For online purchases, the Distance Sellers Act is the main legislation regarding purchases and it provides a 7 day returns option, which entitles the consumer to return the goods within that period for an unequivocal full refund. Alternatively if having paid for the item with a credit card, you can request the card issuer to arrange a cash back, for items not accurately described.
To guarantee you shop safely and securely for authentic designer brands, shop at Styles UK Designer clothing with a wealth of experience within the designer clothing world you can rest assured your purchase will reach your expectations, of course the alternative to shopping at a respected and renowned website such as www.stylesukdesignerclothing.co.uk is summed up perfectly by the Latin term Caveat Emptor, which is better known as Buyer Beware!