Sun, sea and pizza: Italian holiday spirit
Campeggi.com ( www.campeggi.com/en/ ), leading portal of the KoobCamp network, did some research on both Italian and foreign tourists who are looking for a typical Italian holiday. In a world of reservations made online and accommodations equipped with wi-fi, can you still find the Italian holiday spirit on the campsites: sun, sea, pizza and the simple pleasure of spending time together.
Analyzing the facilities of the campsites on Campeggi.com, we see an Italy of old times: where simplicity and good food are important values.
• 89% of the campsites have a restaurant onsite
• 67% of the campsites have a pizzeria and about half offer take away service
• 93% have a bar onsite and 17% also have one on the beach (more than half of those with direct beach access)
• 35% have direct beach access and 7% offer shuttle service to the beach
• 48% organize entertainment activities
• 49% has a Mini Club for tiny guests
Campsites, together with agriturismo accommodations, are the best way to enjoy the real Italian holiday spirit and to discover the natural treasures of the territory. This does not mean a Spartan stay without any comfort; nowadays lots of campsites offer luxury amenities that are no longer limited to the hotel sector. Let’s have a look at this data:
• 12% of the campsite restaurants have special gluten-free menus
• 15% offer half board and full board service
• 22% have at least one swimming pool with whirlpool
• 32% have access to a beach with facilities
• 31% organize sport tournaments
Tourists that choose their perfect holiday based on campsite facilities such as Wi-fi or accessibility for people with special needs, can find a selection of the Campeggi.com Top Accommodations at the following address: http://www.campeggi.com/en/what-we-offer/your-tailor-made-holiday.html