Afternoon Tea lovers looking for something different are getting excited about the special events announced as part of this year’s Afternoon Tea Week celebrations, from 8th to 14th August.
A music recital in a historic house, flower arranging at a famous department store and rare tea tastings are taking place, accompanied by a traditional Afternoon Tea of course!
Keith Newton, Managing Director of sponsor AfternoonTea.co.uk said “Each year we ask afternoon tea venues to think up ideas for a one-off event, or special menu, and we’re delighted with the diverse range of activities taking place for the 2016 celebrations”.
• Handel & Hendrix House Afternoon Tea with a guided tour of this historic house, a live music recital and the Handel & Hendrix Afternoon Tea that Mews of Mayfair have crafted in honour of their former neighbours.
• Cabbages & Roses Afternoon Tea at Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill. Enjoy The Montagu’s brand new Afternoon Tea, quench your thirst with the special Bramble Royale cocktail or a glass of rose champagne, indulge in luxurious mini treatments from Elemis and take home goodie bags including treats from Elemis, Newby Teas and Cabbages & Roses.
• Flower Arranging Afternoon Tea at Harrods – the world famous department store are offering a flower arrangement session from Moyses Stevens before guests indulge in their sumptuous Afternoon Tea.
• Rare Tea Company Tea Tasting – The Kensington Hotel will be hosting an exclusive tea tasting event in association with the Rare Tea Company.
• Epicurean Tea Tasting at The Ritz – Tea Master Giando Scanua will take guests on a 3 hour journey of discovery of some of the finest and rarest teas from across the world, each expertly paired with a selection of delicious savoury and sweet treats.
Visit the Afternoon Tea Week website
(http://www.afternoonteaweek.com/) for full details of all events, competitions and exclusive offers.