SMi Group reports: The 8th annual COPD conference will be running at Holiday Inn Kensington Forum, London, UK on 19th – 20th October 2016.
COPD accounts for a substantial number of deaths in Great Britain: it has consistently given rise to between 25,000 and 30,000 deaths each year over the last 25 years. (Source: www.hse.gov.uk/Statistics)
Chronic and with a progressive worsening characteristic, COPD could present huge problems in the developed world with the increase in opportunistic infections and long-term infections, especially as it is non-curable. As such, prevention, early diagnosis and patient monitoring are the primary means to tame the disease.
Development of COPD has been slow despite the increased cases. The 8th annual COPD conference will be dissecting the core issues and explore alternatives to accelerate treatment development!
Chronic and with a progressive worsening characteristic, COPD could present huge problems in the developed world with the increase in opportunistic infections and long-term infections, especially it is non-curable. As such, prevention, early diagnosis and patient monitoring are the only means to tame the disease.
Development of COPD has been slow despite the increase in cases. The 8th annual COPD conference will be dissecting the core issues and explore alternatives to accelerate treatment development!
This year event will gather industry experts discussing industry topics such as advances in device and formulation technologies for pulmonary drug delivery, new approaches for COPD drug development: an opportunity for disease interception, predicting drug efficacy using integrative models for chronic respiratory diseases, and much more!
Featured Speakers in 2016:
– Stephen Beckman, Head of Global Respiratory and Allergy, Mylan, Inc.
– Dr Neelima Khairatkar Joshi, Sr Vice President, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
– Dr Mario Scuri, Head Respiratory Unit, Chiesi Pharmaceuticals
– Dr Frank Thielmann, Lead Inhalation New Solids, Novartis Pharma AG
– Dr Christopher Stevenson, Venture Leader, COPD Interception, Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson
– Dr Jonathan Phillips, Principal Scientist, Amgen
– Dr Beverley Patterson, Inhalation Clinical Associate Director, Actavis
– Dr Donna K Finch, Principal Scientist, MedImmune
To see the full speaker line up and event programme please visit: www.copd-conference.co.uk/pfir
This year’s agenda will also include topics such as:
– Insight into formulation developments and the manufacturing of dry powder inhalation products
– COPD and comorbidities
– The challenges in clinical trial designs and in drug development
– “First in class” inhaled drugs for the treatment of COPD and cystic fibrosis
– Recent advances made in COPD biomarkers, and much more
For sponsorship opportunities please get in touch with Alia Malick: +44 (0) 20 7827 6168 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to register please visit: www.copd-conference.co.uk/mnt , alternatively contact Matthew Apps: +44 (0) 207 827 6093 or email: email@example.com
COPD: Modelling Future Needs to Adapt Your Novel Therapeutics and Management Strategies
19-20 October 2016
Holiday Inn Kensington Forum, London, UK
—- END —-
About SMi Group: Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk