Press Release: February 17, 2010
The launch of MobDeals gives local residents the ability to share in the power of group buying to get unbeatable daily deals of up to 80% off on massages, facials, spa days, haircuts, manicures, yoga, Pilates classes, and more from the best local businesses.
MobDeal launches the week of February 15th with fantastic offers in both new cities: the Manchester MobDeal features a pamper offer of only £20 for a Massage and Facial at The Spa Co Urban Oasis (normal price £50, savings of 60%), and the Birmingham MobDeal has an offer of £18 for Three Power Plate Sessions at The Vibro Suite (a value of £60, saving consumers 70%).
How MobDeals work:
1) Using the power of collective buying, Wahanda negotiates special volume discounts with top spas, salons, gyms and studios to offer one exciting MobDeal every day from Monday to Friday.
2) The deal is open to everyone but is typically only available for 24 hours, and only becomes live if enough people sign up for that days MobDeal (the number varies by day and deal).
3) Customers are encouraged to share the deal with friends via email and social networking tools such as Facebook and Twitter because if the minimum number of purchases is not met, no one gets the deal.
4) Once a MobDeal has been purchased by the minimum number of customers, the unbeatable deal has officially tipped and is available for the rest of the day for anyone to purchase
The Wahanda MobDeal creates a win-win situation for consumers and for spas, salons and fitness venues by guaranteeing a minimum number of new customers to these businesses. Best of all, Wahanda is giving something back for every MobDeal purchase made, Wahanda will donate £1 to charity:water to continue supporting their great cause of bringing fresh water to communities.
For all MobDeals and to sign up for your daily email visit www.wahanda.com/mobdeal
For more information or high res images contact Judy on firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
1. Birmingham and Manchester MobDeals launched on Monday 15th February. See individual offers for details.
2. Why MobDeal? Like a flash mob, people can come together, organise and achieve something more powerful as a group. Our deals allow people from all over the city to band together in a common cause great discounts on spas, massages, salons, manicures, yoga, fitness and more!
What is Wahanda? www.wahanda.com
If the Internet had a speed dial button for health, beauty and wellness, Wahanda would be number one. Wahanda is doing for wellbeing what Amazon did for online retailing providing an intuitive and easy-to-use website to learn about treatments (everything from acupuncture, facials and massages to Pilates, nutrition and personal training), share ratings and reviews, and book the hottest deals, gifts and offers from the most comprehensive listing of spas, salons, studios and fitness centres across the globe, all with the simple click of a mouse. Wahanda was named in ELLEs top ten beauty websites 2009 and FabSugar named Wahanda best UK beauty website 2009. Wahanda is a Native American word that means The Great Spirit & Creator.
For more information, please contact:
Visit the newsroom of: PR Fire