Press Release: August 22, 2015
Care2Save, the first online shopping site run by a registered charity, has over six million products and over two thousand retailers on their site. Stores vary from the likes of, M&S, John Lewis, Expedia, Boots, Topman, thetrainline.com, Groupon, Waterstones, booking.com and ASOS. Every time a purchase is made through the Care2Save site, or by using their handy shopping toolbar, a commission is generated from the retailer. Care2Save ensures that 100% of this commission remains within the charity sector - 80% goes to the charity chosen by the shopper and the remaining 20% goes to the Care2Save Charitable Trust, supporting hospice and palliative care around the globe.
Andrea Fragata Ladeira, CEO, Care2Save:
“Everyone likes to shop. Now you can do so with the added reassurance that you’re raising money for the charity of your choice and you’re supporting those caregivers providing hospice and palliative care to adults and children across the UK and around the world – all at no additional cost to you.”
Care2Save was born out of the hospice movement, initially built to create new income streams for hospices trying to stay afloat. According to Hospice UK, an average adult hospice receives 34% of their funding from the government with the rest coming from fundraising and donations. Each hospice needs to raise more than £9,000 each day and with the population rising, the demand for hospice care will only increase. Shoppers are now able to support any registered charity through the Care2Save site and can shop guilt-free, knowing that every online purchase will benefit their chosen cause.
Last year, £4.5 billion was spent online and this year, we are predicted to spend over £5 billion - an average of £1,120 per online shopper. If these purchases were made through Care2Save, it would make a substantial difference to hospices and charities in the UK.
Care2Save makes it possible for shoppers to change the charitysector for the better and raise significant sums of money for other charities in the process. It is hoped that as many people as possible will start shopping their favourite stores through Care2Save, making the most of this new way of giving.
For more information, please contact:
Visit the newsroom of: reasonadmin