Press Release: March 15, 2016
Insignia Medical Systems, the pioneering UK based Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) provider, is excited to announce that they have been selected to provide their radiology imaging software to Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (OUH), a world renowned centre of clinical excellence and one of the largest NHS teaching Trusts in the UK.
Oxford University Hospitals (OUH), which consists of 9 sites across the county and performs over 500,000 radiology examinations per year, selected Insignia to provide their full suite of PACS products including the class-leading InSight 4D Viewer, regional sharing and advanced home reporting services.
The migration of their historical data will be one of the largest undertaken in the UK, with over 100TB of data being transferred using the proven Insignia Migration Service.
Will Smith, Senior Technology Project Manager, Oxford University Hospitals commented, “We are excited to be working with Insignia. As a UK company they were able to offer a product built specifically for the UK market. Their in-built sharing capabilities, training package and their ability to match our project timescales made them an obvious choice.”
Insignia, who recently also won a contract with Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (OUH) and the Oxford Academic Health Science Network (AHSN) to provide their sharing service, provides sharing capabilities that enables organisations to immediately view studies at other Trusts. By automatically presenting the clinicians with a full patient record across the region they are able to access shared data quickly and without the need for time consuming administrator actions, something that OUH are keen to benefit from.
Speaking about their new contract, Mike Dagley, Project Manager, Insignia Medical Systems, commented “We’re very proud to be selected to work with such a well-respected Trust, who play an integral role as a major tertiary referral centre across the country. The migration will be one of the largest in the UK, which continues to reinforce our position as one of the leading PACS and VNA suppliers in the UK.”
As the primary UK PACS supplier that develops software in the UK for the UK, Insignia pride themselves on working closely with their partners, particularly those with unique requirements to deliver a service that enhances patient care.
For further information, please contact:
Clare Carpenter, Marketing Manager, Insignia Medical Systems
01256 247 010 (9am – 5:30pm)
NOTES TO EDITORS
1. Insignia Medical Systems is the leading UK based Medical Imaging provider with over 250 sites benefiting from our PACS and VNA solutions. With the largest local development and deployment teams in the UK, we are uniquely able to focus our services to exclusively meet the needs of the NHS and UK private providers.
2. We believe in providing the highest quality service to our customers and build partnerships based on achieving mutual goals and understanding. Our relationships reflect our shared ethos of working together to improve patient care.
3. With over 2,000,000,000 images and growing, Insignia manage some of the largest and most complex PACS and VNA systems currently deployed. Our expertise in migration and transitional services is unrivalled, ensuring continuity of service during system replacements.
4. Insignia is dedicated to the UK market and with our local team of developers we are quick to respond to the changing needs of the NHS.
5. Our comprehensive training programme is provided to all users across the Trust and delivered locally by our highly experienced team.
6. Insignia delivers clinician-led workflow sharing between Trusts, regionally and beyond. Images and reports are instantly available wherever and whenever they are needed.
7. Home & Regional Reporting - Insignia powers the largest home reporting services in the UK. Our systems enable flexible home working and regional urgent trauma care.
Insignia Medical Systems welcomes contact from PRs and journalists for quotes, expert opinions or bespoke content for particular press articles. Please contact Clare Carpenter in the first instance at email@example.com
1. Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (OUH) is one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the UK with a national and international reputation for the excellence of its services and its role in education and research. Clinical care is delivered by experienced specialists. Our Trust is a designated major trauma centre, is one of four UK centres for craniofacial surgery and employs over 12,000 staff across its four hospitals: the John Radcliffe Hospital (which also includes the Children's Hospital and West Wing), Churchill Hospital and the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, all located in Oxford, and the Horton General Hospital in Banbury.
2. The Trust provides a wide range of both local and specialist clinical services (including cardiac, cancer, musculoskeletal and neurological rehabilitation, and specialist children’s and neonatal services) together with medical education, training and research.
3. On 1 October 2015 the Trust was awarded Foundation status and became Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. www.ouh.nhs.uk
For more information, please contact:
Visit the newsroom of: ClareInsignia