Home Number Plate Suppliers, do they have to be registered?

Number Plate Suppliers, do they have to be registered?

Press Release: January 23, 2010

Sales manager at Image Registrations Bruno Morris said "if we are supplying the cherished number to the client and transferring it onto the vehicle for them then we already have established proof of ownership and identity during the transfer procedure. It saves the customer a lot of hassle by enabling us to supply the registration plates with the completed paperwork".

If you are buying the plates separately then youll need to go to a registered number plate supplier to get new number plates for your vehicle. The registered supplier will need proof of your identity, as well as proof that the registration number belongs to you.

The number plate supplier will need to see at least one document from each of the lists below. This will allow the reg platte supplier to confirm your name, address and entitlement to the registration number. All documents must be original, not copies.

One of the following:

driving licence, whether or not issued in the United Kingdom (UK) (with or without a photo) - this is preferred because its a secure, government-issued document showing both name and address
a bill issued by your electricity, gas or water supplier, a landline telephone bill, or a council tax bill (current within the last six months) or rates bill (in Northern Ireland only)
a bank or building society statement
a passport, whether or not issued in the UK
a national identity card issued by the government of a state or territory other than the UK
a debit or credit card issued by a bank or building society
a police warrant card
an armed forces identity card

Documents to establish your entitlement to the registration number

One of the following:
vehicle registration certificate (V5C or V5CNI) - these are the preferred documents
the new keeper supplement (V5C/2 or V5C/2NI) of the registration certificate
certificate of entitlement (V750)
retention document (V778) (not applicable in Northern Ireland)
vehicle licence renewal form (V11)
temporary registration certificate (V379) (not applicable in Northern Ireland)
authorisation certificate (V948) with an official stamp from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA) or Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA)
a letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease or hire company) (not applicable in Northern Ireland) - the letter must quote the document reference number from the registration certificate, not the vehicle identification number.
Author: Bruno Morris, Image-Reg.com

Notes to editors

For more information, please contact:

Bruno MorrisBruno Morris

Tel: 01482 627 62801482 627 628

Email: jon@image-reg.comjon@image-reg.com

Visit the newsroom of: PR Fire