Press Release: December 30, 2009
At this time of year its important to look after your skin as a combination of harsh weather, central heating and little sunshine could be on the agenda!
The first rules of skincare are to eat a balanced diet, take regular exercise, get plenty of sleep, drink lots of water and use a day cream that includes a sunblock yes, even in the winter! Also, if you smoke, quit: its aging your skin and causing damage to your body.
In addition to these basic rules you can further improve the appearance of your skin with the tips below.
Encourage a clear skin
- Always remove make-up before going to bed.
- Weekly Manuka honey masks will heal your skin. [http://www.bignews.biz/?id=817356&keys=Models-Direct-Beauty-Treatments]
- Keep your skin hydrated and moisturised; this is so important, even if you have oily skin.
- Wash your skin twice a day, morning and night with warm water to open the pores and a cold rinse to close the clean pores afterwards.
- Keep your hands/hair off your face and always wash your hands before applying make-up.
- Dont pick pimples. If you feel you need extractions done, go to a professional therapist regularly. A monthly facial treatment is a great idea if you can afford it and it will cost you less than a round of drinks!
- Use skincare products that contain salicyclic acid (also known as beta hydroxy acid) unless you are pregnant or allergic to aspirin.
- Use skincare products that contain glycolic acid (also known as AHA or alpha hydroxy acid) - unless you are pregnant.
Discourage premature wrinkles
- Exfoliate at least once a week.
- Wear sunglasses on sunny days, even when its cold it stops you squinting.
- Reduce stress by making time for yourself. This will really make a difference to your appearance. Yoga is a fantastic way to stay looking as serene as possible.
- Sleep on a silky pillow; your face will slide around on the fabric rather than creasing. Better still, sleep on your back.
- Find a good night serum and cream that suit your skin and use them religiously. Take time to find what suits your skin best, and dont be afraid to ask for samples!
- Hydroxy acids are also effective against wrinkles, as is palmitoyl pentapeptide-3, according to current research. Boots own brand of anti-aging serum and creams contains palmitoyl pentapeptide-3 and retinol, and it caused a stampede when it was proven to be effective when tested on the BBCs Horizon programme in 2007. It isnt the only skincare product to contain these magical ingredients but it is reasonably priced and will improve the appearance of aging skin.
Look after your body
- Weekly baths in Epsom salts will soften and detox your skin [http://www.prlog.org/10365236-top-homespa-treatments-for-model-looks-direct-from-your-kitchen.html]
-Run your razor under a piping hot tap between each use for a smoother/cleaner shave.
- Body brush daily; use a dry body brush and always brush towards the heart.
- Massage your skin (particularly the upper thighs) whenever you have time; it will tone your skin and dramatically improve the appearance of cellulite.
- Moisturise; this is most effective when you have just had a bath or shower. Apply your moisturiser liberally. For best results finish with a layer of oil, preferably with a high vitamin E content, to lock in the moisture, then wrap up warm so it can penetrate the skin.
Now youre fully prepared! Use these tips to prevent your skin from becoming dull and to be sure youre looking your best for all those New Year parties!
About Models Direct - (http://www.modelsdirect.com/)
Models Direct is a talent and model agency for female models, male models, teen models, child models and baby models for advertising, fashion, film, TV, promotional and photographic modelling work. We are a Government-regulated Model Employment Agency... not an online showcase, we're the real thing!
If you think you, or perhaps your partner, child, baby or pet, might be a suitable model for us to put forward for selection to appear in films, TV, fashion, promotions, advertisements and photographic modelling, please find out more on our website (http://www.modelsdirect.com/locations/worldwide.html) or call us on+44 (0)871 224 6000. Modelling can be great fun & rewarding as a hobby.
Find a model http://www.modelsdirect.com/find_a_model/index.html