Press Release: February 05, 2019
Author writes book on Jimi Hendrix’s Impact on Black Culture
Augusta, GA— 2/5/19 —Jimi Hendrix’s relationship with the Black Community has often been maligned, misunderstood, and misrepresented. Author Corey Washington wanted to develop a vehicle to address the complex relationship in its entirety. Jimi Hendrix – Black Legacy does that, and then some.
Washington’s journey to Hendrix all started with a wrestling entrance song for wrestler Hulk Hogan, which grew into 20 years of research. Finally, that research has been developed into a book that compiles a wide variety of documentation on Jimi’s impact on Black Culture.
Highlights of Jimi Hendrix – Black Legacy:
• In-depth interviews with family, friends, and admirers
• Examination of his impact on Funk, Jazz, R&B, etc.
• Comparison of Jimi and Prince
• Behind the scenes – Jimi’s induction into R&B HOF
• Mini Band of Gypsys Book (10 Chapters)
• Jimi’s Hidden R&B Legacy
• Jimi’s unsung impact on Black/Urban radio via musical conduits
ISBN-10: 179346233X ISBN-13: 978-1793462336
For more information on Jimi Hendrix’s Black Legacy:
Email: [email protected]
For more information, please contact:
Visit the newsroom of: PR Fire