Press Release: November 13, 2019
Many antibiotics the world will celebrate World Antibiotic Awareness week from 18 to 24 November. These countries are aiming towards spreading awareness about antibiotics.
Antibiotics are powerful medicines that fight some severe infections and can save lives. They are well known for preventing bacteria from developing and destroy them. Allopathic doctors prescribe antibiotics to inhibit the multiplication of bacteria and kill them instantly. In ordinary people, white blood cells attack harmful bacteria and protect your body from being damaged.
Sometimes, the number of harmful bacteria is excessive, and the immune system cannot fight from them. In that case, you have to take antibiotics to kill those harmful bacteria.
The name of the first antibiotic was Penicillin. There are various types of modern antibiotics, usually available with a valid prescription. If people overuse antibiotics or misuse them, then the bacteria might become resistant. It means that antibiotics become less effective because they are not able to tackle this disorder.
Some antibiotics attack the aerobic bacteria, while others work to eliminate the anaerobic bacteria. Aerobic bacteria need oxygen, whereas anaerobic bacteria don’t.
In rare cases, a professional doctor may provide some antibiotics to prevent rather than treat an infection. They may also suggest these medicines before surgery.
Antibiotics are like a two-way sword that has positive as well as negative points. There are several side-effects of taking antibiotics that are -
• Diarrhea – It is the condition of the body when individual loose, watery stools. The person may have loose stools three or more times in one day.
• Nausea – It is the feeling of unease that includes an upset stomach, anxiety, and dizziness. In this health condition, you may have an urge to vomit. Individuals may feel that it comes from the stomach, but it is mostly comes controlled by the brain.
• Vomiting – Many antibiotics cause upset stomach other gastrointestinal side-effects. Vomiting is one of them.
• Rash – It is the area of irritated or swollen skin. Most rashes are itchy, painful, and red. It is also a symptom of different medical problems. But most of the time, it occurs due to overuse of antibiotics.
• Upset stomach – Almost everyone gets an upset stomach from time to time. Some of the most common symptoms of upset stomach are indigestion, vomiting, bloating, or constipation. If you consume more antibiotics, then you also may face this health condition.
• If you still consume these antibiotics for a longer time, then you may face fungal infection of the mouth, vagina, and digestive tract.
• Kidney disease – Aminoglycoside antibiotics are a type of drug that can cause kidney injury even at a low dosage. People who are taking any antibiotics for a longer period, then you are at a higher risk of having a renal disorder. The most common antibiotic drugs are gentamicin, tobramycin, and amikacin.
There are some side-effects, too, that is rare. Some of them are as follows:
• Kidney stones – By taking sulphonamides, you may have a kidney stone that can be too painful for anyone.
• Blood clotting – Consumption of cephalosporins can cause abnormal blood clotting.
• Sensitivity to sunlight, if anyone is taking tetracyclines.
• Blood disorders – Some antibiotics can cause heart problems such as abnormal heartbeat or low blood pressure. You may face this situation if you consume trimethoprim (antibiotics).
• Deafness – You may face deafness if you take aminoglycosides and erythromycin.
The whole thing concludes that antibiotics are beneficial for your body if you consume in a limited amount. Don’t take these medicines without consulting from a specialized doctor because these medicines can harm your kidneys.
For more information, please contact:
Visit the newsroom of: kidneytreatment