Press Release: November 10, 2015
Insignia Medical Systems, the pioneering UK based Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) provider, has begun their latest image migration project with Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust. The migration will be one of the largest image migrations to take place in the UK, with over 2.8 million studies and 140 million images.
Although this will be one of the largest migrations completed by the Insignia team, they are experienced at working with such large amounts of historical data, as the company has previously migrated 213 million images and 3.4 million studies at United Lincolnshire NHS Trust, 150 million images at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust and 2.8m studies at Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust.
Speaking about their migration capabilities, Stephen Davies, Lead Technical Architect, Insignia Medical Systems said “In the last 3 years alone, we have worked with 23 NHS Trusts and Health Organisations to migrate over 30 million studies, comprising of around 2 billion images and 500 terabytes of data, to new Insignia PACS and VNA solutions using purely DICOM based retrieval and standard RIS data extracts.
Each migration presents its own unique challenges regarding data cleanliness, originating system architecture, connection performance and reliability, but our team of experts take each opportunity to refine and perfect our migration process and tools - maintaining zero impact on the source systems, and achieving a truly neutral DICOM archive for 3rd party systems or integration into a full Insignia PACS solution.“
As a UK focused PACS and VNA supplier, Insignia are proud to have completed these historic migrations which are amongst the largest in the UK, supporting their ethos of providing the best possible solutions tailored specifically to the UK market.
For further information, please contact:
Clare Carpenter, Marketing Manager, Insignia Medical Systems
01256 247 010 (9am – 5:30pm)
NOTES TO EDITORS
1. Insignia Medical Systems is the leading UK based Medical Imaging provider with over 250 sites benefiting from our PACS and VNA solutions. With the largest local development and deployment teams in the UK, we are uniquely able to focus our services to exclusively meet the needs of the NHS and UK private providers.
2. We believe in providing the highest quality service to our customers and build partnerships based on achieving mutual goals and understanding. Our relationships reflect our shared ethos of working together to improve patient care.
3. With over 2,000,000,000 images and growing, Insignia manage some of the largest and most complex PACS and VNA systems currently deployed. Our expertise in migration and transitional services is unrivalled, ensuring continuity of service during system replacements.
4. Insignia is dedicated to the UK market and with our local team of developers we are quick to respond to the changing needs of the NHS.
5. Our comprehensive training programme is provided to all users across the Trust and delivered locally by our highly experienced team.
6. Insignia delivers clinician-led workflow sharing between Trusts and beyond. Images and reports are instantly available wherever and whenever they are needed.
7. Home & Regional Reporting - Insignia powers the largest home reporting services in the UK. Our systems enable flexible home working and regional urgent trauma care.
Insignia Medical Systems welcomes contact from PRs and journalists for quotes, expert opinions or bespoke content for particular press articles. Please contact Clare Carpenter in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact:
Visit the newsroom of: ClareInsignia