Home Important Updates for UK Student Visa Applications

Important Updates for UK Student Visa Applications

Press Release: February 19, 2010

The latest news from the UK Border Agency, the Home Office Department in charge of Immigration, has announced that all students applying to study in the UK must have a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) from their prospective sponsor before applying for a study Visa.

The Study Visa, also known as Tier 4, will no longer rely on Visa letters as proof of intent to study and ability to pay maintenance. The new rules will be implemented on 22nd February 2010. Until that date Visa letter are still valid but after 22nd February only the CAS letters will only be accepted. Students that came to study in the UK before 31st March 2009 stay here under the same rules.

These latest announcements are important for anyone wishing to come to the UK on a Study Visa, or Tier 4 Visa, to consider. An Immigration specialist Solicitor at the City firm, MacIntyre Clark LLP, had this advice for would be UK students.

The process of applying for a place on a course can take anything from 30 to 90 days just to get an interview. Once your place has been offered it may take a further 14 days to receive an offer letter. You should feasibly make your applications well before the deadlines, which are usually January and the summer months in the UK.
Finally you must ask your institution to provide the CAS to prove your eligibility to study and also confirm your ability to pay your way (also known as paying maintenance.) It is advisable that all would be students have a clear idea about how they will pay their way once in the UK. MacIntyre Clark LLP Immigration specialists had the following warning:

Students should be aware that if they wish to work part time, their course must be at least 6 months in duration. Shorter courses require a different Visa. Anyone considering coming to the UK for an extended length of time should consult an Immigration Law specialist, as new legislation is brought in all the time and we can help people through the maze.

Anybody who would like a UK Work Visa, UK Study Visa, UK Visitor Visa, UK Family Visa, Tier 1,2,3,4 or 5Visa, or UK Citizenship can speak to a MacIntyre Clark Immigration specialist at the dedicated Immigration site One Stop Visa.

Notes to editors

For more information, please contact:

MacIntyre Clark LLPMacIntyre Clark LLP

Tel: 0044 161 850 14680044 161 850 1468

Email: pr@jigsaw-marketing.co.ukpr@jigsaw-marketing.co.uk

Visit the newsroom of: PR Fire