Press Release: October 20, 2020
Russian born concert pianist, composer, educator and founder of Piano-Yoga® method GéNIA launches an online video tutorial course ‘Transform Your Practice: A Complete 11 Stage Guide’ to help amateur musicians with their home practice.
WHAT IS THE VIDEO TUTORIAL ABOUT?
One of the most commonly asked questions amongst amateur musicians is: 'What can I do to practice more efficiently?’ With the surge of increased interest in practising musical instruments and sometimes limited availability of the teachers during a quarantine (as not everyone likes to teach as well as to be taught online) amateur musicians often struggle to fulfil their potential, and believe that they cannot do something, not because they cannot, but because they do not know how.
GéNIA's video tutorial is an 11 Stage Guide for intermediate to advanced pianists (amateur and students) designed to teach them how to structure their home practice in the most efficient way possible. The tutorial is also a useful educational resource for teachers, as it can help students learn how to plan, prioritise tasks and be better prepared for their lessons.
It includes practical piano and musical advice, physical (yogic) exercises, a guide to the musical learning process, meditations and breathing exercises and mental strategies which allows musicians to be in control of the whole process. Each stage lasts between 15 – 30 minutes, which allows practitioners to start implementing the strategies straight away.
The course is based on GéNIA's personal experience as a concert pianist, educator, and yoga teacher. The number of aspects of the course are centered around NLP (neuro-linguistic) training and are also based on GéNIA’s personal experience. The number of aspects of the course are centered around NLP (neuro-linguistic) training and are also based on GéNIA’s personal experience.
Total Video Duration: 4 hours 28 minutes
The course is available on Vimeo for a rental period of one year.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM THIS PROGRAMME
• Intermediate to advanced pianists.
• Anyone who plays a musical instrument, apart from Stage 5, which is only for pianists.
• Those who wish to stop wasting time at the piano and start using their time more efficiently.
• Those who cannot achieve the results that they would like, and do not understand why this is happening.
• Those who are not happy with their home practice.
• Those who enthusiastically start working on a piece of music only to give up too early at the first sign of difficulty.
• Those who have no idea how to practice.
• Those who don’t know what they want to achieve from their practice.
• Those who wish to master certain pieces, but cannot come up with a plan for its completion, and therefore often procrastinate.
• Those who believe the more they practice, the worse their playing gets, and are getting stressed and upset by it.
• Those who are too tired to practice the way they always do.
• Those who would like to broaden their horizons.
• Those who are interested in the connection between their piano playing, the mind, and our life experiences.
• Teachers who would like to see their students better prepared for their lessons.
EDUCATIONAL CONTENT INCLUDED:
• Techniques to help improve and master concentration.
• Physical exercises to help you to get ready for playing your instrument.
• Techniques for discovering your real motive for playing the piano.
• Techniques for evaluating your progress.
• Techniques to help you set up your goals.
• Guidance on how to plan your practice session.
• Suggested plan for a 3 hour practice session.
• Suggested plan for a 2 hour practice session.
• Suggested plan for a 1 hour practice session.
• List of suggested piano technique exercises.
• How to establish the 3 stage learning process.
• How to develop your practice diary.
• Strategies for troubleshooting (when you practice, but it doesn’t work).
• Ideas on how to share your music with your loved ones.
• Ideas on how to reward yourself after learning and mastering a piece of music.
Described by The Times as 'an outstanding musician', GéNIA has performed concerts in the UK, Europe and the USA. As an educator she has more than 20 years of teaching with masterclasses and lectures which include Trinity College of Music, Dartington and COMA Summer Schools, De Montfort University (Leicester), Lewis University (Peoria, USA), Californian Association of Piano Teachers (CAPMT) in Los-Angeles and EPTA (European Piano Teachers Association) International Conferences. GéNIA is regularly invited to become involved in numerous educational projects; she is currently on the Board of Directors of "Mysuka", a Californian Children's Choir, USA. Her numerous releases are available on digital platforms including Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon and many others.
GéNIA numerous accolades include the Premier Prix GSMD, the Silver Medal from the Worshipful Company of Musicians, the Founders Prize for Excellence, the Dame Myra Hess Award and the Craxton Trust Award. Following her passion in holistic disciplines, she took two years off her career in 2008 to become a qualified B.W.Y. (British Wheel of Yoga) teacher & trained with The Life Centre®, London.
GéNIA’s music enjoyed placements in the critically acclaimed BBC America TV Series ‘Killing Eve” (starring Sandra Oh) and well-known British ITV series ‘Cold Feet’.
GéNIA's music compositions can be heard on Classic FM, Scala Radio, BBC Radio 2, 3, BBC London Radio 94.9, BBC World Service, BBC Wales Radio, London News TV Channel, Talk Radio as well as at the Caffe Nero Branches worldwide (as GéNIA is Caffeé Nero's featured classical artist) and also in various TV series and adverts.
GéNIA holds six instrumental diplomas: MMus (Dist), LGSM(Dist), PGDipMus(Dist), PGA(Dist), Honours Diploma of Kharkov State Institute of Arts (Ukraine) and Concert Recital Diploma from the Guildhall School of Music (Premier Prix GSMD). She started training in her native Ukraine with her great grandmother, pianist Regina Horowitz (the sister of pianist Vladimir Horowitz) and later moved to the UK.
Despite her busy artistic career, GéNIA believes that education is one of the most important aspects of a progressive society, and has therefore committed herself to continue fulfilling this valuable educational role.
'The first entirely new piano technique to emerge in over 50 years.'
- Yoga & Health Magazine
‘It really does work’
This multi-dimensional method combines the fundamentals of Russian piano school with Eastern philosophies, particularly yoga.
Piano-Yoga® is a unique method of piano playing, performing and teaching designed for all levels of pianists. It has been created and developed by GéNIA. The aims are focusing piano practice, improving concentration, effectively building strength in the muscles which work the fingers and hands, establishing good posture at the piano and conquering performance nerves amongst other topics.
In the heart of the Piano-Yoga® methods lies the Piano-Yoga® book ‘Transform Your Hands” (‘It really does work’ Piano Professional). It is available from the piano-yoga.com website, which also offers many free learning resources and membership to keen music enthusiasts!
Piano-Yoga® radically improves technique and unblocks tension. The method promotes noticeable progress on the piano by utilising the principles of movement, gravity and breathing thus forming a more organic approach towards piano playing. It can also be used as a stress management technique. Piano-Yoga® draws on specific methods which encompass the holistic personal development and well-being of the player and as a result helps to open and connect both mind and body.
ACCESS & MORE DETAILS
Watch the Promo: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/transformyourpractice
Link to the detailed description https://www.piano-yoga.com/transformyourpractice
Link to view the first 12 minutes of the course – please see the bonus video on
as well as at scroll down at
If you would like to have a press pass with the 30 days access to the course please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)2072269829.
To get access to the Press Images please copy & paste
The video is available at https://vimeo.com/ondemand/transformyourpractice