Press Release: July 08, 2019
xsign have provided nine digital wayfinding totem signs for the University of Birmingham, as part of the university’s programme of expansion and renovation. The digital totems feature 55” touchscreen displays providing students, staff, and visitors with maps and wayfinding information. xsign designed, manufactured and installed the hardware and partnered with a software company on the installation of the smart technology. The digital totem signs feature wi-fi connectivity hotspots, providing students and staff with internet access around the campus.
The digital wayfinding totems feature interactive maps and instructions on reaching other parts of the campus. Staff, students and visitors can bring the directions up on the large 55" display and them download the directions on to their smart phone device, to help guide them around the University campus.
Other features of the Digital Totem include:
• Bespoke fabricated interactive Digital Totem. Totem case constructed of steel framework.
• Framework clad with 5mm thick welded steel. Hand finished and dress-welded to all edges.
• Case provided with air inlet & outlet with provisions for intercom integrations. Surfaces primed with anti-corrosive and anti- rust primer.
• Casing powder-coated RAL black with external powder coat with anti-graffiti easy clean coating.
• Case with inlaid 6mm tamper-proof, low iron, shatter-resistant glass. Glass to be impact-resistant and scratch-proof primed with anti-reflective coating.
• Fret cut and inlaid logo on inset panel. Reverse illumination supplied by ultra-efficient cold white LED’s. Logo to illuminate at night only.
• Internal hardware housed in shock proof, weather and dust-resistant housing. All cabling to be commercial grade. Integrated fan system to temperature control units.
• Mounted to concrete pad foundation as per separate foundation.
Visit https://xsign.com/ to view our products and other case studies. All of our signs are manufactured in the UK to fast lead times and we have built export relationships around the globe.
For more information, please contact:
Visit the newsroom of: xsign