Press Release: January 06, 2016
Ard van der Steur began his career as a lawyer at the law firm NautaDutilh in Rotterdam and later became a partner (1995-2006). Until joining the House of Representatives in 2010 he owned a legal training company and was a part-time lecturer in civil law at Leiden University (2006-2010). In 2009 he became a lawyer at Legaltree Van der Steur Advocatuur.
From 17 June 2010 until his appointment as minister he was a member of the House of Representatives for the People’s Party for Freedom and Democracy (VVD). His areas of interest included criminal and procedural law, the judiciary, prisons and secure psychiatric institutions, probation, firearms legislation, serious crime and victim support policy. He was also a member of the parliamentary committee investigating the Fyra high-speed rail link.
On 20 March 2015 Ard van der Steur was appointed Minister of Security and Justice in the Rutte-Asscher government.
Latest confirmed speakers include:
– Matthias Ruete, Director General, DG HOME, European Commission
– Liviu Muresan, Executive President of EURISC Foundation – European Institute for Risk, Security and Communication Management, Romania
– Paul Gelton, Director of Resilience , Ministry of Security, The Netherlands
– Fred Ruonavar, Chief of the Contingency Operations and DoD Information Network (DoDIN) Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Branch, Operations Directorate, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), USA
– Evangelos Ouzounis, Head of Unit – Secure Infrastructure and Services, European Union Agency for Network and Information Security – ENISA
– Andrew Wright, Head of Industrial Resources and Communications Services Group, NATO
– Cinzia Secchi, Manager of Integrated Prevention System Unit, Lombardy Region – G.D. Safety, Civil Protection and Immigration, Italy
– Jaime Martin Perez, Project Manager, Homeland Security and Defence Sector, Research & Innovation, ATOS
– Florian Haacke, CSO / Head of Group Security, RWE, Germany
– Ian Betts, Global Head, Risk Analysis, G4S Risk Consulting Ltd
– Senior Representative, EUROPOL
– Elena Ragazzi, Project Coordinator ESSENCE, Italy
– Bharat Thakrar, Cyber Resilience & Advanced Threat Defence, BT Security Enterprise, BT GS, UK
– Dietmar Gollnick, CEO, e*Message W.I.S. Deutschland GmbH, Germany
– Dr Albert Fritzsche, Researcher, University Erlangen-Nuerenberg, Germany
– Ms. Lina Kolesnikova, Fellow, Institute of Civil Protection and Emergency Management
– Selcuk Nisancioglu, Senior Researcher, Federal Highways Research Institute, Germany
– Dimitry Shvartsman, Director of Industrial Security, Waterfall Security Solutions, Israel
Once again this premier European event is hosted by the Municipality of Den Haag
Round table discussions are hosted by The Institution of Engineering and Technology
The event is supported by International Association of Critical Infrastructure Protection Professionals (IACIPP) and many other important organisations.
Critical Infrastructure Protection & Resilience Europe has a unique two-track conference programme delivers a leading line up of international experts to discuss securing Europe’s critical infrastructure, from both physical and cyber perspectives.
Critical Infrastructure Protection
With much focus on convergence, the CIP track of the programme delivers discussions to review the potential threats to critical infrastructure, smart construction and building in security resilience, and a focus on ‘Transport, Energy & Telecomms Infrastructure’, three key elements of a countries economic activity.
Critical Information Infrastructure Protection
With the ever increasing threat from cyber-attacks on critical infrastructure, the information and data stored and used by CNI systems and operators can be more crucial than the system itself. CIIP is becoming ever more important as part of the cyber security strategy of an organisation or CNI operator.
For the full programme go to http://www.cipre-expo.com/conference/programme
To register for the conference, go to: http://www.cipre-expo.com/onlinereg
To visit the web site, go to: http://www.cipre-expo.com
The 2nd Critical Infrastructure and Resilience, Asia, Bangkok in June 2016, will be co-hosted by the Department of Disaster Prevention & Mitigation (under the Ministry of Interior), Ministry of Information Communication & Technology and Ministry of Transport.
For more information, please contact:
Visit the newsroom of: gabrielaf