LMForums bringing the insurance market’s finest together
Market People Awards celebrating excellence in insurance
The Market People Awards 2022, produced and hosted by the insurance Market’s thought leadership and networking hub, London Market Forums
, was back for another stunning Black-Tie event, after a two year break, due to the pandemic.
Over 200 of the London Insurance Market’s leading professionals gathered at the Leonardo Royal Hotel, St Paul’s on 31stMarch 2022 for the 5th LMF Market People Awards
, celebrating those who make the Lloyd’s and London Market such an amazing place to work.
From the sensational international dance troop ‘Burn The Floor’, to the lively Salsa Band and other entertainers, guests were immersed in a sea of colour and spectacle, during a sumptuous banquet dinner, followed by award ceremony recognising the youngest members of the insurance market, through to the most seasoned professionals who’ve given their whole careers. Charles Taylor InsureTech
was the kind Headline Sponsor of the 2022 Awards.
The London Ambulance NHS Trust Charity
was the beneficiary of the evening and £9000 was raised through prize draws and auctions. The charity provides valuable support to those on the frontline within the ambulance service, who have provided an extraordinary service during the incredibly tough years of the pandemic.
At this year’s Market People Awards, seventeen worthy individuals or companies were named winners, with a number of others being given the status by the judges of “Highly Commended”, including:
· London Market Heroes Award: Andrea Garcia Beltran - RSA (H/C – Kirstin Duffield, Morning Data)
· Broking Professional/Team of the Year: Chris Hobbs - ES Risks
· Claims Professional/Team of the Year: Stuart Willoughby - Scor
· Underwriting Professional/Team of the Year Award: RSA London Market Cyber Team (H/C Ibott, Apollo Underwriting)
· London Market Advisory Services Supplier of the Year: Oxbow Partners
· London Market HR & L&D Supplier of the Year: Empower Development
· London Market Technology & Innovation Supplier of the Year: Novidea (H/C Morning Data)
· Market Inclusion & Diversity Champion: Aasaa O’Mallo Mitchell - Brit (H/C Maurice Rose, PwC)
· Reinsurance Professional of the Year: Mary Alade - Aon Reinsurance Solutions (H/C Tina Walton, Swiss Re)
· Outstanding Contribution to Technology & Innovation: Mark Allan - Ki Insurance (H/C Christian Kitchen, Miller Insurance)
· Outstanding Contribution to Industry Transformation: Kirstin Duffield - Morning Data (H/C Noon Ali, Lloyd's of London)
· Outstanding Contribution to Human Resources & L&D: Verity Stroud - Miller Insurance (H/C Hazel Spain, Hiscox)
· Outstanding Contribution to Legal & Compliance: Suneeta Padda - Padda Consulting
· Outstanding Contribution to Operations & Change: Dee Daly - Allied World
· Young Person of the Year Award: Isabel Pratt - Lloyd’s
· Market People – Outstanding Contribution Award: Roger Oldham - LMForums
· Lifetime Achievement Award: Charles Franks - Tokio Marine Kiln (H/C Christian Fuhrmann, Munich Re)
Roger Oldham, Founder and Managing Director of LMForums commented “This was by far the biggest and brightest Market People Awards ever, with attendees from across the London Insurance Market and around the globe. We always try to push the boundaries with the show, to give everyone something different. It’s not every day we see internationally acclaimed dancers on the same stage as leading city professionals in EC3! The London Market has the most concentrated pool of insurance intelligence found anywhere in the world and our Awards are about recognising those who've made an outstanding contribution"
Thanks to all firms who supported this insurance sector event: Munich Re, Aon, Beazley, Ibott, Docosoft, Morning Data, Mendix, Salesforce, Netcall, Empower Development, Novidea, Allied World, Oxbow Partners, Acord Solutions Group, Datum Point, Sompo International, Tokio Marine Kiln, Insurity, Sea Change London
LMForums is a “Not for Profit” thought leadership and networking association, run by and for insurance professionals. Based in the Leadenhall Building in the City of London, the team at LMF hosts over 50 Market events a year, all free to access, from executive Practice Groups to larger summits and collaborative workshops. LMF works closely with all contingents of the insurance market, as well as HM Government, businesses, and academia. https://vimeo.com/672756339
Phone: +44 (0) 203 551 9188
Address: The Leadenhall Building, Level 30, 122 Leadenhall Street, London, EC3V 4AB