Portakabin delivers 99% of buildings on time and on budget well exceeding construction industry averages
Research carried out by Portakabin, the UKs leading modular building specialist, has shown that it has successfully delivered 99.6 per cent of buildings on time and on budget over the past four years.
This is in dramatic contrast to new Government statistics for building industry performance that show just 46 per cent of construction projects were completed on budget and only 59 per cent on time over the past year (source: Construction Statistics Annual 2009, Office of Public Sector Information*).
Construction performance in the UK has actually declined since 2005, when 48 per cent of building projects were delivered on budget and 62 per cent on programme*.
Time and cost overruns in both the public and private sectors are still a key concern among construction clients. In response to these issues, Portakabin has launched a ground-breaking Customer Charter, giving a clear commitment to customer service excellence which is unprecedented in the industry.
Ground-breaking Customer Commitments
The new Portakabin Customer Charter provides an assurance that Portakabin will deliver every building on time and on budget and if this is not achieved, a weeks free hire will be provided for every day a project is delayed**.
The Charter also includes commitments to:
# Meet the most challenging timescales Portakabin delivers 80 per cent of its buildings for hire within 14 days and some within just 24 hours
# Deliver every building safely the incident rate for Portakabin is just two thirds of the construction industry average
# Provide a fast, responsive and local service with the largest network of hire centres in the UK, spanning more than 50 locations
# Provide cost certainty accurate project quotations with no hidden cost variations
# Visit every hire customer within 24 hours of initial contact
# Provide a 24-hour service, 7 days a week.
All Portakabin buildings for hire also have the reassurance of extensive independent accreditations, which now include Buying Solutions the Government procurement scheme; Zurich, BBA, and LABC approvals, as well as ISO 9001 for quality assurance and ISO 14001 for environmental performance.
The unique Portakabin Customer Charter can be viewed in full at http://www.portakabin.co.uk/hire-charter.html
For further information aboutbuildings for hire and the new Customer Charter, visit http://www.portakabin.co.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 401 0010.
Portakabin provides high quality permanent and short term accommodation tailored for clients needs with portable and modular building techniques.
Portakabin continues to develop more solutions and services. With the provision of value services such as furniture, air conditioning, ramps, data communications and security systems along with our Customer Charter, pioneering warranty package and broad product range, peace of mind comes as standard.
Portakabin Head Office, New lane, Huntington, York, YO32 9PT
Telephone: 0845 401 0010
* *Construction industry statistics source Construction Statistics Annual 2009, published by the Office of Public Sector Information. Crown Copyright 2009. Reproduced under the terms of a Public Sector Information License.
* **The free hire period is subject to contract terms.
* Portakabin modular buildings offer a range of advantages over site-based construction, including:
* Programme times reduced by up to 50 per cent
* Highly flexible and innovative accommodation solutions, such as Ultima Vision a fully glazed modular building available for hire, and Titan the largest single modular building in Europe
* Enhanced quality and a robust steel-framed construction
* A sustainable alternative to site-based building methods less waste, improved building performance and fewer vehicle movements
* The provision of buildings with significantly less disruption
* A wide variety of aesthetic and fitting out options to reduce procurement time.
* Portakabin is a registered trademark.