SMi Group reports (2016.10.03 – London, UK): Registration now live for the 6th annual Biobanking Conference and Exhibition on 20-21 June at the Holiday Inn Kensington Forum, London, UK
Following the success of previous events, SMi’s 6th Biobanking conference returns to London in June. The conference agenda is released and registration is now live on http://www.bio-banking-event.com/prfire.
Proposed changes to EU’s new Data Protection Act will constitute a new legal framework for biobanking operations if and once passed by the European Commission. As such, this year’s conference focuses on the potential changes and its impacts on the ethical and regulatory landscape of the biobanking industry.
SMi’s 6th Biobanking conference will bring together top experts and decision makers from regulatory bodies MHRA and the EU Commission, as well as leading specialists from pharma companies such as Roche, MedImmune, Lundbeck to discuss the future of the industry. The two-day agenda will address legislation challenges, explore key advancements in R&D and sampling, and discuss the commercialisation of biobanking whilst maintaining sustainability and harmonisation between biobanks across the world.
Our expert speaker panel includes:
• Octavi Quintana Trias, Principal advisor for the Directorate-General, European Commission
• Professor Glyn Stacey, Director, UK Stem Cell Bank, Division of Advanced Therapies, National Institute for Biological Standards anad Control – MHRA
• Emma Snapes, Biobank Manager, Infant Biobank
• Dr Brian Thomson, Director and Clinical Lead for 100K Genome Project, Nottingham Health Science Biobank
• Dr Julia Riedlinger, Head of Marker Scouting and Sample Bank, Roche Diagnostics
• Arthur Lewis, Senior R&D Manager, MedImmune
• Dr Michael Luntang-Jensen, Biobank Manager, H. Lundbeck A/S
• Jonathan Sellors, Legal Counsel, UK Biobank
The complete conference agenda including speakers and their topics as well as registration details can be found at http://www.bio-banking-event.com/prfire. A £400 discount applies to online bookings made by 31st March 2016.
This unmissable and timely conference is CPD-certified.
For tailored sponsorship and branding and exhibition opportunities, contact Alia Malick at +44 (0) 7827 6168 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6th BioBanking Conference and Exhibition
20-21 June 2016
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk
FedEx Express, EPx Logistics, Parexel, endpoint Clinical, Bayer, ProStrakan Group, Actelion Pharmaceuticals, Bial, Theorem Clinical Research