International Women’s Day Golf Event – Results
The International Women’s Day Global Golf Event celebrated #PressforProgress, the 2018 campaign. Some 500 golfers donated their fees, helping a whole host of good causes across the world. Even golfers who could not play – courses closed – made donations. We thank and applaud everyone and look forward to sending everyone an iGo.golf special edition memento.
Scores, checked and entered, the computer has produced the results.
Congratulations to all our Golfcrowd.online Champions
• to our #PressforProgress Champion 2018 from Scotland
• to our Purple Ball Team Champions from England
• to Ashleigh Buhai, for the best opening round on 8th March (IWD), going on to win The Investec South Africa Women’s Open Title
• to our Junior Champions Rich Intissar of Morocco, and to the South African team – Kajal Mistry, Symone Henriques and Caitlyn MacNab – with the best scores in the third round of The All Africa Juniors Girls Championship
• to all our National Champions, for the best rounds over 18 holes or 9 holes,
• to the #PuttforGood Award Winners – the organisers in South Africa, United States, United Kingdom and Australia who raised over US$ 5,000 for good causes.
Right across the world, the weather was unseasonal for the duration of our event. Storms and thunder in the Southern Hemisphere, ice and snow in the North. In Cape Town it was sunny but windy. Sadly, entrants in Sweden, Canada, and North America were never able to play their rounds. Even in Morocco, we heard from the team manager that “the weather was atrocious, and the girls were having to cope with torrential rain and strong winds.”
As if the weather wanted to challenge players, underline what #PressforProgress means – next year let’s hope the weather will reward us for rising to the challenge and putting for good!
The special #PuttforGood awards recognise the efforts of Clubs and players
• for great photos and captions – “Against All the Odds”
• for the sums raised for Captain’s charities
Players really expressed the #PressforProgress spirit and enjoyed taking part:
“We hope to do it bigger and better next year”
“Sun shone and we all had fun. Also played the purple ball which sadly did not provide the scores we hoped for!”
“At the moment all roads to the golf course (& the village!) are blocked with no sign of the snow disappearing anytime soon. We have a fair bit of interest, with members bringing friends, & having lunch afterwards. Just not sure when it will happen!”
“Sadly purple ball was lost in the water on the first hit. Must be the fastest lost ball ever!”
“Thanks for organising a great day, if we had better weather I would be sending you far more scores”