Insignia PACS goes live at Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust
Insignia Medical Systems, the pioneering UK based Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) provider, has successfully installed and set live their first class integrated PACS and Reporting Solution at Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust.
The Insignia PACS and reporting solution went live across Royal Berkshire Hospital and its local sites, which cover Reading, Bracknell, Townlands and West Berkshire, and collectively manage some 745 beds, and treat over 640,000 patients per year.
The migration of the 40TB of historical data from the Trusts previous PACS took place in under 6 months, with the new system going live at the beginning of February.
Insignia’s solution covers the full suite of Insignia PACS functionality including the class-leading InSight 4D Viewer, regional sharing, home reporting and a zero-footprint HTML5 viewer; on top of which Insignia also provided integrated PACS reporting via the Soliton Reporting+ software.
Since the new system cutover the sites have observed much faster reporting speeds whilst viewing over 5,000 studies a day in PACS and storing over 1,000 studies.
During the cutover weekend, over 30 reporting workstations were deployed to site, and the Insignia team tested over 50 modalities across 3 sites all with no outage to service or reporting. A further 22 workstations have also been delivered to provide a full home reporting service as part of the service transformation programme.
Lucy Shorthouse, PACS Manager, Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust commented “We were very happy with how the cut over weekend went. We have been extremely well supported regarding training, and any issues that we have encountered have been quickly fixed by the Insignia team. Our radiologists have already observed that they are experiencing increased productivity”.
For further information, please contact:
Clare Carpenter, Marketing Manager, Insignia Medical Systems
01256 247 010 (9am – 5:30pm)
NOTES TO EDITORS
1. Insignia Medical Systems is the leading UK based Medical Imaging provider with over 250 sites benefiting from our PACS and VNA solutions. With the largest local development and deployment teams in the UK, we are uniquely able to focus our services to exclusively meet the needs of the NHS and UK private providers.
2. We believe in providing the highest quality service to our customers and build partnerships based on achieving mutual goals and understanding. Our relationships reflect our shared ethos of working together to improve patient care.
3. With over 2,000,000,000 images and growing, Insignia manage some of the largest and most complex PACS and VNA systems currently deployed. Our expertise in migration and transitional services is unrivalled, ensuring continuity of service during system replacements.
4. Insignia is dedicated to the UK market and with our local team of developers we are quick to respond to the changing needs of the NHS.
5. Our comprehensive training programme is provided to all users across the Trust and delivered locally by our highly experienced team.
6. Insignia delivers clinician-led workflow sharing between Trusts, regionally and beyond. Images and reports are instantly available wherever and whenever they are needed.
7. Home & Regional Reporting – Insignia powers the largest home reporting services in the UK. Our systems enable flexible home working and regional urgent trauma care.
Insignia Medical Systems welcomes contact from PRs and journalists for quotes, expert opinions or bespoke content for particular press articles. Please contact Clare Carpenter in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org