Goldgenie, the original luxury gifts and customisation company, today launches the ‘ICON’ Apple iPhone in 18 carat gold – the first to carry the exclusive London Assay Office Hallmark.
In keeping with its prestige and exclusivity, there are 99 limited edition ICON handsets in the collection, starting from £5,797. For an extra special touch, they can also be encrusted with VS1 diamonds.
The collection, which is SIM free and compatible with any network, is exclusively available at goldgenie.com and its flagship store in Dubai.
Goldgenie founder and CEO, Laban Roomes, said: “We’ve been turning items into gold for 24 years’ now, but this is the most luxurious smartphone customised to date. With the London Assay Office Hallmark lending their prestigious stamp, it quite literally has the most iconic seal of approval.
“We expect this to sell-out quickly with pre-orders already received. Yet, to keep it a collector’s item, less than one hundred have been made.”
The ICON was designed as a symbol of unity, showing that that working together can make a positive impact. As such, a donation of £500 will be made for each handset purchased, with proceeds going towards The Princes’ Trust.
Made in Britain, the craftsmanship that goes into customising the ICON is unlike any other in the Goldgenie collection. The state-of-the-art handset is first deconstructed, before a solid 18 gold metal layer is fitted to the back, and under the glass front.
Uniquely, it carries both the London Assay Office Hallmark and GG Hallmark stamp. The result is a luxurious handset, with a satisfying weight and luxe finish.
The following handsets are now available in the ICON collection, and come with a certificate of authenticity and lifetime warranty:
• ICON Apple iPhone XS, (256GB) with 70g of 18 carat gold – £5,797
• ICON Apple iPhone XS, (512GB) with 70g of 18 carat gold – £5,997
• ICON APPLE iPhone XS Max, (256GB) with 80g of 18 carat gold – £6,797
• ICON APPLE iPhone XS Max, (512GB) with 80g of 18 carat gold – £6,997
Goldgenie is a luxury gifts and customisation company known for its exclusive range of items; from gold-plated flowers to cars. It has previously customised a gold microphone for Rihanna, a golden toilet seat for the Sultan of Brunei, and a limited edition ‘Starburst’ iPod Nano range, commissioned by the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
For more information, or to shop the range, please visit: goldgenie.com. Stay up to date with the latest releases and company news on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
Notes to Editors:
• Goldgenie accepts Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies, as well as traditional methods of payment.
• The Goldgenie flagship store is located at; Goldgenie, Shop 24, Aswaaq Mall, Al Wasl Road, Jumeriah 1, Dubai.
• Goldgenie is a luxury gifts and customisation company, launched in 1995. It was founded by entrepreneur Laban Roomes from London. The company sells luxury gold products and takes personal commissions from individuals and corporates around the world, notably in the U.K, UAE and Russia. Goldgenie is proud to support The Prince’s Trust – a charity that helped the company reach success with a start-up grant in 1997. Goldgenie has previously appeared on Dragon’s Den, winning investment from James Caan. The company has a long list of celebrity fans, including; Usain Bolt, P Diddy, Rihanna, David and Victoria Beckham, Elton John and The Sultan of Brunei, among many others.
For further information, please contact:
Goldgenie PR department at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com