Forbes Solicitors providing legal advice to the public sector
Forbes Solicitors in Preston has reinforced its position as being one of the leading firms for providing advice to the public sector after being appointed to the North West Legal Consortiums (NWLC) panel.
The consortium is made up of 25 local authorities across the North West including Preston City Council, Chorley Council, West Lancashire Borough Council, Burnley Borough Council and Pendle Borough Council.
NWLC, which was established in 2006 with four members, is led by Sefton Council and is believed to be the first combined procurement of barristers and solicitors by a consortium of local authorities. Forbes will be joined by a further 30 solicitor firms, the vast majority of which are based in Manchester.
John Barker, Forbes Managing Partner comments, "This is a major achievement for the firm, we went through a rigorous process to be selected for the panel and the appoinment demonstrates our strength in providing expert legal advice to our clients in the public sector. "
Notes to Editor
1) Forbes is one of the leading law firms in the North with 35 partners, 9 offices and more than 355 staff.
2) The firm prides itself on the high level of service that it offers its clients. All their solicitors are highly trained in specific areas of law and ensure that the clients needs are put first.
3) Forbes believes in friendly and straightforward legal advice.
4) Office locations include Blackburn (3), Accrington (2), Preston, Chorley, Leeds and Manchester
5) Forbes was named Corporate Law Firm of the Year at the Insider Magazine 2008, 2009 & 2010 Lancashire Dealmakers Awards.
6) The firm provides legal advice and representation to individuals in relation to:
Clinical Negligence, Family, Crime, Domestic Conveyancing, Financial Services, Personal Injury, Wills, Probate & Trusts.
And to businesses in relation to:
Business Law, Commercial Litigation, Commercial Property, Business Start-up services, Intellectual Property, Debt Collection, Employment, Health and Safety, Insurance, Social Housing, Business