Fibromyalgia & Hypermobility Management Masterclass for Health Professionals
Diagnosis and management of patients with complex symptomatology and widespread pain can be difficult.
The HMSA (Hypermobility Syndromes Association) is offering a masterclass on Saturday 28th March that covers hypermobility and its relationship with fibromyalgia and medically unexplained symptoms, with a focus on condition management.
It will cover treatment strategies that will make the day to day management of patients easier, with a view to making a significant difference to your patient’s life.
The event will run from 9:00 until 16:00 on Saturday, 28th March, and includes refreshments and lunch.
Speakers and topics include:
- Dr Philip Bull, FRCP Consultant Rheumatologist and Clinical Teacher: Introduction and overview including most recent findings and news.
- Sue Kittle, Physiotherapist: “What we see, what we do with the hypermobile patient”
- Jenny Seggie, Paediatric Physiotherapist: The Paediatric perspective
- Case Based Scenarios with patients telling their own stories to exemplify:
- The importance of the Microbiome
- Going Around In Circles ..the current pathway!
- Jeannie di Bon, Movement Therapist & Hypermobility Specialist: Movement strategies for hyper mobile patients
- Hannah Ensor, Patient: Optimising the medical encounter. What the heath professional needs to know.
- Serena Woolf, MA, BSc (Hons), MSTAT, Teacher of Psychophysical Ed at The One Hospital, Ashford: Psychophysical Education – a holistic, self-help approach.
The Hypermobility Syndromes Association has been supporting hypermobile people and the professionals who work with them for 27 years. Our organization is led by staff and volunteers who live with one or more of the hypermobility syndromes and is supported by many medical professionals.
This HMSA is driven to share information and research, and practical approaches to diagnosis and pain management for professionals and individuals. We would be delighted if you can attend. Book your seat.