Contact: Jean Cao, Executive Director
Hong Kong (16 October, 2018) — Seven Billion Today (sevenbilliontoday.com), a global, digital platform, dedicated to raising awareness of the issues affecting mankind and the mobilization of humanity towards positive change has launched.
Featuring unbiased, fact-based news and a dynamic social media channel, Seven Billion Today’s worldwide Community lobbies governments and the U.N. with the results of daily news polls and votes.
Seven Billion Today’s Community believes that the seven billion people of the world can unite, and together, make positive change happen.
The most active votes over the last week on Seven Billion Today include:
1. Indian activist, 86, dies while fasting for cleaner Ganges
92% call upon India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi to fulfill his pre-election pledge to clean-up the Ganges River.
2. Thousands to march in Chicago against ‘anti-women agenda’
75% think the Trump administration is harming women.
3. Israel upholds ban on US student refused entry for politics
60% of voters support the international boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel.
4. Afghan Taliban to continue peace talks with new US envoy
66% feel new talks between the Taliban and the U.S. about “an end to the [U.S.] occupation and a peaceful solution to the Afghan issue,” provides new hope for peace in Afghanistan.
5. Child refugees in Nauru camp struggle to eat, drink or talk
87% vote for Australia’s government to actively begin resettling Nauru and Manus detained refugees.
6. Hong Kong leader refuses to explain journalist visa denial
80% think erosion of Hong Kong’s press freedom could damage its competitiveness.
7. Do you think the increasing popularity of the Far-Right in Europe is worrying?
77% of respondents say yes.
8. As the majority of people are getting poorer (as the rich get richer) do you think something has to change?
73% of participants feel something has to change.
For more info, please email Jean Cao, Executive Director, email@example.com.
About Company: Seven Billion Today is a new, global, digital platform, providing users with a reliable source for unbiased, fact-based news, in addition to a dedicated social network, Community. Users can get involved by sharing posts, images, videos, and creating polls related to topics or issues they are passionate about. Community allows individuals to connect and interact with like-minded people from across the world.