Can’t Sleep? new science backed Android app released to fight insomnia
Listen to sleepy sounds created using A.I. to distract you from wakeful thoughts, calm your mood and relax your body. Download Can’t Sleep App and get your best night’s sleep, every night!
New to Android, Can’t Sleep App is more than just relaxing sounds, it’s scientifically designed to make you fall asleep easily and wake up with more energy tomorrow. Informed by 100+ research articles on music and sleep psychology, Can’t Sleep composes soundscapes with 200+ instruments and sounds to provide a unique listening experience for sleep. Regular music is often too distracting or engaging because it is so structured, Can’t Sleep sounds like walking through a forest of instruments and sounds.
Founder of Can’t Sleep, Thomas Dickson is the Australian expert in the psychology of music for sleep and recently published the article “How does music aid sleep?”. According to Dickson, “studies have shown music to be one of the most effective non-drug therapies for sleep but not all use cases of music are equal”. Can’t Sleep allows you to disable any part of the soundscape to decrease engagement and provides an in-depth sleep guide for using music.
One of the innovative features of Can’t Sleep is that the soundscapes are composed in real-time and are never the same. “The problem with listening to the same music every night is that it becomes too familiar and then frustratingly repetitive” says Dickson. Using Can’t Sleep regularly and only at bedtime, the soundscapes can become strongly associated with sleep but not repetitive.
Can’t Sleep is the only sleep app that you choose both instruments and sounds for sleep. The DIY soundscape builder includes realistic classical, ambient and ethnic instruments as well as relaxing sound effects and ambience. These include piano, cello, synthesizers, pan flutes, tabla, Tibetan bells, bird song, rain, waterfalls and much more. “Music is a very personal experience. Our favourite sounds can reduce stress through visualisation and reminding us of the past” says Dickson.
Previously only on iPhone and iPad, the new version of Can’t Sleep is available on a wide range of android mobile and tablet devices. The app supports marshmallow or later and is lightweight saving battery life, storage and device memory. For increased performance, after 45 minutes of playing soundscapes the app stops, by which time most individuals have fallen asleep.
• Effective: Built from research for a PhD on the psychology of music for sleep
• No Disruptions: Smooth continuous audio with no pops, clicks, silences or ads
• Unlimited Variety: Choose from 18 themes or build your own with 200+ sounds
• Never Repeats: New soundscape created in real-time using our A.I. composer
• Personalized: Music speed based on your heartrate and disable any sounds you want
• Realistic Sounds: Real audio samples of instruments and ambient sound recordings.
• Convenient: Sounds auto-stop after 45 minutes and no internet required.
• Seamless Experience: Lightweight design with full screen high definition calming imagery
Can’t Sleep has been involved with University of Melbourne, University of New South Wales, Queensland University of Technology and presented at the International Symposium on Performance Science and the Conference of the Australian Music & Psychology Society. Paralympian Raïssa Martin says about using the app “I set it up, it took me 10 seconds and I can’t remember falling asleep.”
• iPhone: iOS 11.0 or later and compatible with iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and iPod touch.
• Android: Version 6.0.0 (Marshmallow) or later and compatible with Android mobile and tablet devices
Pricing and Availability:
• Free Version (Baroque theme only)
• Monthly Subscription: $4.99 USD
• Annual Subscription: $19.99 USD ($3.50 USD per month)
• Chinese (simplified & traditional), Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
Can’t Sleep: https://www.cantsleepapp.com
iPhone App: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cant-sleep/id1332698309