British Columbia is the westernmost province in Canada. Canada’s third-largest city – Vancouver is situated in the province. With its expansive forests and a unique coastal climate, British Columbia is one of the most pleasant provinces to live in.
British Columbia Provincial Nomination Program is the provincial nomination program of the province that allows the province to select highly skilled immigrants to meet the requirements of the province and help in the development of the province with different Canada PR Visa process. Through this program, experienced and skilled immigrants receive a British Columbia Provincial Nomination Certificate, which will allow foreign immigrants to apply for permanent residence in Canada.
Express entry program candidates with a provincial nomination certificate are awarded 600 CRS points. With a CRS calculator, you can check your CRS score and know how many points are required for Canada PR Visa.
Express Entry British Columbia
The express entry of British Columbia is in line with the federal government’s express entry program. This allows candidates who are selected to receive priority processing for both the provincial nomination application and the permanent residence application. Following are the sub-categories that can be applied for via express entry British Columbia:
- Skilled Worker Category
- Health Care Professional Category
- International Graduate Category
- International post-graduate Category
Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS)
British Columbia immigration office has launched a new skills immigration registration system (SIRS) on January 27, 2016, to gives candidates a score that will be determined whether they will be invited to apply for permanent residency or not. The score is decided based on the factors: Level of education, Years of work experience, and a job offer from an eligible employer from the province.
There are two streams under this program under which immigrants can apply for permanent residency status:
This skills immigration of BC provincial nomination program has the following streams:
- Skilled Worker Category – Category is for the candidates who have received a job offer from an eligible employer in a skilled occupation.
- Candidate must have an offer letter from an eligible employer of the province.
- Candidate must have work experience of two years in the respective field.
- Must be eligible to immigrate to the province legally.
- For NOC B, candidates must meet the minimum language proficiency requirement.
- Health Care Professional Category – Candidates who have experience and job-offers as physicians, nurses, psychiatric nurses, or allied health professional can apply.
- Candidate must have a job offer from any of the following public health authority:
- Registered Nurses
- Registered Psychiatric Nurses
- Nurse Practitioner
- Allied health professionals
- Should meet the required language proficiency.
- Job-offered must meet with the standard wage rate card of the province.
- Must have at least 2 years of work experience.
- International Graduate Category – For candidates who have graduated from a Canadian university or college in the last three years. A job-offer is mandatory to be eligible under this sub-category.
- Must have a full-time job offer from an eligible employer.
- Job must be categorized under NOC.
- Must be qualified to meet the job requirements by the employer.
- Should be able to get the minimum score required in the language proficiency examination.
- Must be able to move to the province within the legal status.
- International Post-graduate Category- Candidates who have done master’s or doctoral degrees from an educational institution in British Columbia, in the natural, applied, or health sciences programs of study.
- Must meet the minimum requirements of the job.
- Must have basic funds to settle in the province.
- Candidates have to score a minimum CLB level 4 in the language proficiency examination.
- Should have the intention to live in the province.
- An occupation that is classified as NOC level O or A, no language proficiency required.
- Candidate can go for any of the following occupations:
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Engineering Technology
- Health profession and related clinical sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Natural Resources Conservation and Research
- Entry-level and Semi-skilled Worker Category- Applicants that are workers in semi-skilled positions in tourism/hospitality, food processing, and long-haul trucking or working in the Northeast development region of the province can apply under this category.
- Must have work experience of at least 9 months of consecutive work experience.
- Must have full-time employment.
- Long-haul truck drivers must have two years of employment experience.
- Must have completed high school.
Immigrants who want to settle and invest in the British Columbia province can apply under this program. This program is further divided into the following categories:
Entrepreneur Immigration Category: Senior managers or business owners who intend to invest in a proposed business in British Columbia.
Entrepreneur Immigration- Regional Pilot: It is a new pilot program for international entrepreneurs who are looking to establish a business in a small community in Canada.
Strategic Projects Category: Through this category, foreign companies can establish themselves in the province. Five key foreign supervisory, professional or technical staff may be nominated for permanent residence.