Alberta In-Demand Occupation List
The fourth-largest province in Canada, Alberta, has an immigration pathway like other provinces in Canada (except Quebec) that allows the province to nominate potential immigrants for permanent residence status and the immigration pathway is called Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP).
To facilitate the immigration of candidates with different skill sets, the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) has the following streams:
- Alberta Express Entry Stream
- Alberta Opportunity Stream
- Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream
How to apply for Alberta PNP Express Entry Stream
AINP’s Express Entry Stream allows the province of Alberta to search for skilled candidates in the federal government’s express pool. Through this stream, express entry candidates are able to apply for Alberta’s provincial nomination certificate. Once the candidate is able to get the provincial nomination, they are awarded 600 CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) points.
Other than the Express Entry stream, there are also two other streams under AINP:
Alberta Opportunity Stream: This stream is for the immigrants who are currently working in the province of Alberta under an eligible occupation. This stream has replaced two previous streams: Strategic Recruitment Stream and Employer-Driven Stream in July 2018.
Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream: For immigrants who are having experience as a farmer and posses funds to run their own farm in the province, this stream allows them to apply for provincial nomination.
What is Alberta Opportunity Stream – Alberta OID
As discussed above this stream is for the immigrants who are already working in the province and want to settle in the province on a permanent basis. Now, at the time for submitting an application under the opportunity stream, the candidate must have valid temporary resident status in the country that allows the candidate to work in Canada on a temporary basis.
Now, following are the applicants that are ineligible to apply under the AINP’s Opportunity Stream:
- Refugee Claimants or individuals involved in federal appeal or removal process
- Temporary residents living or working in any other province or territory of Canada except Alberta
- Immigrants living or working in Canada who do not have valid temporary resident status
What is the eligibility to apply under Alberta PNP
In order to be eligible for provincial nomination under the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program, the candidate is required to fulfill the following requirements:
- They must have a full-time permanent job offer letter from an eligible employer of the province
- They need to have the minimum required work experience by the province in an occupation categorized under National Occupation Classification (NOC) Skill level 0, A, B, or C.
- To prove their language proficiency, the candidate must have the minimum required level in Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB)
- Must have a valid temporary work permit and any other validated documents
- Must show the intention to live & settle in the province permanently
- Must possess a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) confirmation letter
What are the occupations that are in-demand in Alberta – AINP OID List
In order to meet the requirements of the labour market of the province, AINP nominates the immigrants who are having work experience in occupations that supports the province’s economic development and diversification priorities.
Province of Alberta does not release a list of eligible occupations. But following is a list of occupations that are in high demand in the province of Alberta:
- Trades, Transport, and Equipment Operators and Related
- Unique to Primary Industry (Oil and gases)
- Sales and Service
- Business, Finance, and Administrative
- Restaurant and Food Service Managers, Cooks, Attendants, and Kitchen Helpers
- Underground miners, oil and gas drillers and related workers
- Contractors and supervisors, trades and related workers
- Machinery and transportation equipment mechanics
- Heavy Equipment Operators
- Metal forming, shaping and erecting trades
- Finance and insurance clerks
- Retail managers, salespersons, sales clerks, and cashiers
- Automotive service technicians