How To Write A Good Press Release
Writing a good press release is key in increasing your chances of as much publicity as possible.
Whether you are selling a product, providing a service, or simply raising the profile of your company; get your issue covered in the media and spread your news by writing a killer press release.
Distributing a press release to your target audience is crucial to success so improve the possibilities of it being published with our easy-to-use guide on how to write a good press release.
Sample Press Release Template
Here are some straight forward basic top tips to follow on writing a press release template;
- Include an image or video with your release and try to avoid using the company logo.
- The content is the most important thing about a release so make sure it is newsworthy and in present tense. The release should try to have a human interest angle, be unique, and relevant for the people who are going to read it. Make sure you communicate the five W’s; who, what, where, when and why.
- Tell the story in the first three paragraphs to capture the attention of the reader.
- Always include a quote – it makes the story more interesting and human
- Keep the press release simple and to the point with short paragraphs.
- Say whether or not the release is for immediate use or if embargoed.
- Include the date and city in which the release originates.
- The main title of the release should include rich keywords to be search engine friendly and be engaging to grab the reader’s eye. The title needs to mention the brand/service name and be consistent with the content itself to be relevant. It helps to write the title in bold and capital letters so it is clear.
- It is not necessary to have a sub title but it can expand on the title and explain the news value of the release.
- And finally, end the free press release template with an “About Us” section with information about the company and its contact details in case additional information is required.
- So the reader knows it is the end of the news release and does not need to read any further, finish with ENDS.
Follow this simple guide on how to write a press release and achieve great publicity success.