Tackling Child Abuse Conference
The police and partner agencies are under heightened pressure and scrutiny to effectively crack down on child abuse following a series of damaging high profile cases. Capitas Tackling Child Abuse Conference is tailored to address the needs of those working in, and with, criminal justice agencies to ensure the safety and protection of all children.
This event takes a holistic view of the pressing issue of child abuse, from prevention to investigation, prosecution and multi agency learning. With input from the key stakeholders including the Association of Chief Police Officers, Police Forces, the Crown Prosecution Service and the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre, the agenda will cover crucial issues including:
- Joined up working to identify and manage risk
- Engaging local communities to raise awareness and prevent harm
- Detailed guidance on investigating child homicide
- Insight into the forthcoming changes affecting the prosecution of child abuse
- Embedding learning to improve processes and enhance partnerships
This conference provides essential guidance on collaborative working between agencies within and outside the field of criminal justice work to prevent children from experiencing abuse. Safeguarding children is a priority across all agencies in the public sector. Ensure that your organisation is best equipped to meet your duty to protect.